Malwarebytes recently released a security research report on the top malware threats for 2016. Here's a few headlines of what you need to know. Ransomware grabbed headlines and became the favorite attack methodology used against businesses, particularly in North America and Europe.
- Ransomware distribution between January 2016 and November 2016 increased by 267 percent.
- In the fourth quarter of 2016 alone, we catalogued nearly 400 variants of ransomware.
- Ransomware detections accounted for 12.3 percent of all enterprise threats, but only 1.8 percent of consumer threats.
- 81 percent of ransomware detected in corporate environments occurred in North America.
- Edit PDFs
- Collaborate in Real Time
I was just talking to my wife about how I don't trust privacy of social media sites. Here is a report showing half of Americans are in the same boat. See the report at the link below. If you haven't already, download our checklists to keep you business secure. http://www.newport-solutions.com/computer-security-employee-education/ Many Americans do not trust modern institutions to protect their personal data – even as they frequently neglect cybersecurity best practices in their own personal lives. http://www.pewinternet.org/2017/1/26/americans-and-cybersecurity/
Taking a quick break from software viruses, ransomware, etc. in the middle of flu season for a few quick tips on fighting infection.
- Clean Your Keyboard and Mouse with an Approved Electronics Cleaning Cloth or Solution
- Don't Eat around Your Computer
- Wash Your Hands, Please
- Sneeze Away from Your Computer
Free up your precious space, storage, phone closet or server utility room. If you have old equipment collecting dust and taking up room, contact us to schedule a free e-waste pickup. Example items accepted are computers, laptops, monitors, fax machines, printers, scanners, battery backup, cables, etc. If you need help determining what network equipment is or is not in use, call us. 714-660-1811