If you have your wifi router stuck in the telephone closet far away from where you need coverage, or if you added a big box store wireless network extender, both are likely problematic. Upgrade your wifi with a business grade wifi access point. We install the units in the area you need them the most, they look like a ceiling mounted smoke detector. If you need additional coverage additional access points can be installed, however in most offices 1 unit covers around 3K sq. ft of open space. These units are faster, provider long range coverage and are much more secure then consumer grade wifi access points. Our favorite feature is the ability to create multiple wifi SSID's. Example being you can have 1 for internal "smart" devices, another for employee access and another for "guest" access. With guest access we remove the ability to reach other devices on your network for security reasons. For the employee access, the password can be updated/changed where there is staffing changes, while leaving the internal (smart or IoT) devices unchanged. The performance is top notch, especially if you are consistently rebooting your D-Link wifi unit from Staples. Don't open your business network to the flaws of consumer grade wifi equipment.
Small business cyber defense protection As long as businesses continue to operate and make money, cybercriminals will look for ways to break in, exploit weaknesses, and steal your company information. To defeat them, you need to think like a cybercriminal to find the angles they could use to exploit your computer systems.
- Stolen Devices. The Fix: Encrypt all devices and use an asset-tracking tool to keep an inventory
- Poor user awareness. The fix is have us provide user awareness training. see more of our services here http://www.newport-solutions.com/computer-security-employee-education/
- Out of date anti virus. Almost 400,000 new malware strains are created daily! This is why managed anti-virus is necessary. http://www.newport-solutions.com/why-off-the-shelf-consumer-grade-anti-virus-is-slowing-you-down/
- Unpatched (updated) software. Out-of-date software can be susceptible to automated attacks. Only 25% of Microsoft Windows users run the latest, fully patched version. Our managed desktop provides patch management.
- Malicious websites. Drive-by downloads or phishing websites to steal credentials. 195,000 unique domains were used for phishing attacks in 2016. Deploy our web content filtering solution for your business to keep users off malicious websites.
- Lack of Monitoring. Attacks often go unnoticed. Use a strong monitoring system to detect unauthorized access. Don’t be taken advantage of by cyber-criminals. Let Newport Solutions cyber-defense and risk management systems protect you from costly ransomware attacks.If you are looking for help with these services we can assist:IT Support Virus Removal Data Backup Services WiFi Setup Network cabling installation small business cyber defense protection VoIP for small businessesIT SUPPORT orange county ca If you are looking for the best IT support company in Orange County, CA including Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, Orange, Anaheim, Brea, Irvine, Tustin, Santa Ana consider Newport Solutions, Inc. your fastest choice. Affordable IT support for your SMB (small/medium business). Ask about our data backup solutions. Contact us at 714-660-1811